Monday, March 2, 2015

sew pretty: torie jayne's stylish home sewing


I have a sewing machine, piles of pretty fabric, and trimming and buttons -- but as you may already know -- I'm a sew-a-phobe. Yep, afraid to sew. The precision frightens me away every time and sends me running for my trusty roll of fusible webbing aka Stitch Witchery. So, why did I want a copy of Torie Jayne's new book? Because!


Because Torie and I are longtime blogging friends. I adore her, I truly do. She even asked me to contribute to her first book How to Show and Sell Your Crafts. Here's pretty Torie in a feature from that book's press:


Okay, so why else would I want Torie's new book?


Because this book is as beautiful as I knew it would be. With Torie's fresh palette of seafoam, lavender and coral, details like ruffles and ball fringe, and photographs by Sussie Bell: it's a visual treat.


Because in addition to being a sewing book, it offers inventive decorating ideas like this padded headboard suspended with ties along a row of hooks. Brilliant!


Because there are projects like this rose garland that even a no-sew gal like me can handle with a glue gun.


Because with detailed instructions and a Getting Started section, maybe even I could try something like this bag for starters...


And work my way up to something like this!

{Or grab the Stitch Witchery... Or beg a friend who can sew... }

Congrats to Torie on Stylish Home Sewing and welcome to CICO Books {my publisher}!

Stylish Home Sewing by Torie Jayne, photography by Sussie Bell, is published by CICO Books. You can purchase your very own copy right here!

Thank you for reading

xo
elyse

No comments: